Sponsored jointly by the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts and County Department of Public Works. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
Things To Bring:
- Motor oil, antifreeze, paint, paint thinner
- Turpentine, cleaners with acids or lye
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Household and car batteries
- Old computers and television sets
- Sharps or used needles
- Expired pharmaceuticals and mercury thermometers
Things Not To Bring:
- Explosives, ammunition or radioactive materials
- Waste from businesses will NOT be accepted
- Trash or old tires
- White goods such as washers, stoves, refrigerators or air conditioners
How To Prepare:
- In general, there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
- Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Be prepared to leave your containers.
- Do not mix products together.
For More Information, Call: Sanitation Districts Of Los Angeles County – (800) 238-0172
When: 08/05/2017 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Santa Anita Race Track 285 W. Huntington Drive Arcadia, California 91007