Learn about the hottest topic in the tech world right now. Join other business professionals to learn and build relationships at First Foundation Bank (301 N. Lake Ave.) on Aug. 23 from 9 – 11 a.m. All professions and backgrounds are welcome.
They will answer questions such as:
- Why do I need to know about Blockchain?
- Is Blockchain only about cryptocurrencies?
- How is Blockchain used in the business world?
Proceeds from this event will benefit the TechGyrls afterschool program for the YWCA Pasadena-Foothill Valley Chapter. This free program teaches STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) to girls ages 10 to 14 years of age in the Pasadena area.
The YWCA is also seeking a $1000 sponsor for any business that wants to market themselves at this event. YWCA’s tax ID number is 95-1644059. Please email Angeline Chen to inquire about this at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Parking is $12 in the lot.
This event is also sponsored by First Foundation Bank and The Law Offices of Carl Shusterman.
Please RSVP since seating is very limited. Breakfast will be served and bring business cards.
For more information visit ywca-pasadena.org.
The Speakers include:
- Moderator Jolene Negre is a partner at Jenner & Block. Ms. Negre advises clients on legal and business issues related to blockchain technology and crypto assets. She leverages familiarity with the evolving legal and regulatory issues related to crypto assets, including recent developments in securities law with respect to issuing and trading such assets. In addition, she collaborates with lawyers from other practice areas to advise clients using blockchain technology on a wide range of corporate and financial transactions, including initial coin offerings (ICOs) and services agreements related to businesses utilizing blockchain technology.
- Jor Law is a pioneer in building out the ecosystem for digitizing and trading securities on the blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies. A corporate, finance, and securities attorney, he is most well-known for his expertise in alternative finance, including EB-5, venture capital, crowdfunding, and initial coin offerings (ICOs). He is a co-founder of VerifyInvestor.com, the dominant accredited investor verification service in the world and a founding shareholder of Homeier Law PC. He is an expert on attracting and verifying accredited investors. Within the crypto space, he’s most passionate about securities regulations affecting tokens, identity for regulatory purposes versus privacy and anonymity, and cross-ledger or cross-chain technologies.
- Amy Wan is the CEO and Founder of Sagewise. Sagewise is a smart contract dispute resolution infrastructure for smart contracts. It is a project of Bootstrap Legal, which builds legaltech solutions for the future of law. She is the author of Bloomberg Law guide on ICOs and previously a law firm partner and startup General Counsel. Amy was named ABA Top 10 Women to Watch in Legaltech. She is the Cofounder of Legal Hackers LA.