Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!
Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!

By Kevin Giovani Arcadia Weekly will be attending the 18th Annual St. Baldrick’s Event on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8 PM at Matt Denny’s Ale House Restaurant. Come visit the Arcadia Weekly booth to win cool prizes by spinning the wheel of fortune! What is St. Baldrick’s event about?  What is the reason for…

Arcadia’s 21st Annual Law Day Offers Free Legal Advice
Community

Arcadia’s 21st Annual Law Day Offers Free Legal Advice

The City of Arcadia and the Arcadia Chinese Association will offer a free Ask- a-Lawyer Program at the Arcadia Public Library, 20 W. Duarte Road, on Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of the nationwide Law Day celebration. Volunteer attorneys are available to meet with the public and provide them…

Library Hosts Talk on Anita Baldwin
Community

Library Hosts Talk on Anita Baldwin

The Arcadia Public Library and the Arcadia Historical Society present a special program on Anita Baldwin, the only daughter of “Lucky Baldwin” and his third wife, Jane Virginia Dexter. Anita Baldwin was a composer, philanthropist, patriot, horsewoman, mother, seamstress, poet, author, and animal advocate—she was truly a Renaissance woman. Learn about her fascinating history, talents…

Fat Tuesday in Arcadia
Community

Fat Tuesday in Arcadia

Methodist hospital’s annual Mardi Gras raises thousands for advanced cancer care By Terry Miller Hundreds of doctors, nurses, hospital staff and prominent Arcadia professionals crowed the annual rite of passage known as Fat Tuesday at Santa Anita’s famous Sirona bar and restaurant on March 5. The annual Mardi Gras soirée  served gourmet foods from more…

Reflections on a Woman’s History
Community

Reflections on a Woman’s History

By Susie Ling, Associate Professor at Pasadena City College We baby boomers were flying so high in the 1970-80s. I was so proud to be a feminist, and I shunned my mother’s limitations. My mother baked, ironed, and volunteered at my school. My mother made paper doll clothes with me, but I was going to…

‘Colors of India’ Artwork at Arcadia Gilb Museum
Community

‘Colors of India’ Artwork at Arcadia Gilb Museum

The artwork of Kruti Shah is the featured exhibit starting March 2, at the Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage. Offering “A Glimpse into the Colors of India,” Shah’s paintings feature traditional designs and beautiful, vivid colors. The exhibit will run until May 25. For more information, please call (626) 574-5440 or visit the Gilb Museum’s…

Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation Executive Director Maki Hsieh Honored as 2019 Woman of the Year by Senator Susan Rubio
Community

Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation Executive Director Maki Hsieh Honored as 2019 Woman of the Year by Senator Susan Rubio

Since 1987, the California Legislative Women’s Caucus has honored women in each State and Assembly district. Honorees are recognized at the California State Senate Chamber at the state capitol. “Maki’s commitment to eliminating barriers to the arts, cultivating a stellar cultural arts program, and advancing community engagement are a few of the many reasons why…

Arcadia Public Library Hosts ‘Dog Man’ Book Party
Community

Arcadia Public Library Hosts ‘Dog Man’ Book Party

Dave Pilkey’s “Dog Man” series of books is wildly popular with children. Join Children’s Services at Arcadia Public Library as they invite fans of the canine crime fighter to stop by for contests, games, crafts and lots of crime-fighting fun. The fun begins at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 9, in the Jerry Broadwell Children’s…

1 2 3 4 54