Monday morning the Tournament of Roses announced the seven members of the 2020 Royal Court. Members of the 2020 Royal Court will serve as ambassadors of the Tournament of Roses, the Pasadena community, and the greater Los Angeles area and will each receive a $7,500 educational scholarship.
Applicants from 45 Pasadena area schools participated in the interview process and
Volunteer members of the Tournament of Roses’ Queen and Court Committee selected the Royal Court based on a number of criteria including public speaking ability, academic achievement, youth leadership, and community and school involvement.
The grand finale for the 2020 Royal Court will be riding on a float in the 131st Rose Parade attending the 106th Rose Bowl Game Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020.
The seven members of the 2020 Royal Court are (in alphabetical order):
- Cole Fox; South Pasadena High School.
- Camille Kennedy; La Salle College Preparatory.
- Emilie Risha; Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy.
- Reese Rosental Saporito; Marshall Fundamental School.
- Rukan Saif; Arcadia High School.
- Mia Thorsen; Marshall Fundamental School.
- Michael Wilkins; Maranatha High School.
For complete biographies of the 2020 Royal Court, please visit: TournamentofRoses.com.
The Announcement and Coronation of the 102nd Rose Queen and Presentation of the 2020 Royal Court is on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019 at the Pasadena Playhouse; the event is sponsored by Citizens Business Bank. A limited number of tickets are available for purchase from Sharp Seating Company.