Give hope to neighbors in need. Participate in a day of giving on Saturday from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Denny’s parking lot (7 E. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006) to help Foothill Unity Center collect healthy food for hungry children, families, struggling seniors, and disabled and unhoused individuals. The need is greater now more than ever with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
What to bring to the drive:
- Peanut butter or nut butters.
- Packaged can or pouch tuna/chicken.
- Canned soups. Pop-top canned items preferred.
- Granola bars or breakfast bars. Individually packed snacks like nuts, dried fruits, trail mix etc.
- Personal protective equipment like hand sanitizers, gloves, masks.
- Pasta sauces (cans only, no glass).
- Packaged pasta.
- Bottled water.
- Beans, rice or dried grains.
- Place your donation in the trunk of your car.
- Do not donate anything in glass containers.
- Enter Wheeler Avenue at Santa Anita Avenue and follow instructions.
- Stay in your car when it is your turn.
- Open the trunk of your car.
- A volunteer will remove your donation.
- Masks required for all volunteers and those donating.
- Decorate your car. Show your school and community spirit.
- First 50 cars get “I love Downtown Arcadia” tote bag with goodies including a kids mask donated by ES Interiors.
- Denny’s will be offering 20% off during the event.
- Goki Café (214 N. First Ave., Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering 25% off hot and iced drinks (blended drinks not included) from noon to 4:45 p.m. To preorder call (626) 348-8614 or send them a message on Instagram or Facebook with your name, phone number, order and pickup time. They prefer preorders of four or more items.
- White Springs Cafe (18 N. First Ave., Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering a “Day of Giving Special Menu” from 1:30-7:30 p.m. The menu includes offerings like green curry, pad thai, pad kra pao, garlic pepper chicken and tom yum mushroom. For more information, call (626) 538-4078.
- Cake Sisters (23 E. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering a four-pack of cupcakes (two chocolate- and two vanilla-flavored cupcakes) for $5. Cupcakes must be ordered one day in advance to be ready for pickup on Saturday. Call (626) 446-6903 to order.