The Arcadia Public Library now offers 21 storytime kits for check out. “Read to Grow” storytime kits are designed for children ages 3 to 5 years old and are a wonderful way to grow a child’s language development and literacy skills through reading, talking, singing, and playing.
Packaged inside a tote bag, each kit includes:
- Five to six hardcover picture books.
- A DVD or music CD.
- A resource guide with suggested activities and early literacy information.
- One kit may be checked out at a time for up to three weeks. Visit the Arcadia Public Library’s online catalog to request a kit with your library card. The Read to Grow storytime kits are supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
- In addition to the Grow a Reader kits, Children’s Services has created “Book Bundles for Kids and Youth.” Parents, caregivers, teachers, and others can conveniently request a bundle of books for readers in kindergarten through eighth grades. Kid bundles include three nonfiction and two fiction books with five available themes — animals, biographies/history, STEAM, new book mix, or Librarian’s pick. Youth bundles offer three fiction, nonfiction, or series read alike titles. Visit the Library’s Youth Services webpage and use the form to request a bundle.
- Parents can call the Children’s Help Desk for reading recommendations and then request the books through the Arcadia Discovery platform for front-door pick-up. Children’s Services is also offering telephone help for parents wanting to access online reading resources offered by the Library, including TumbleBooks and Novelist for kids. Children’s staff also offer help with online educational resources, such as World Book Online, True Flix, and Scholastic Go.
For more information, call (626) 821-5566 or visit the Arcadia Public Library’s website.