In response to additional guidance received by the federal, state, and local public health officials, the City of Arcadia is closing the Arcadia Community Center and the Arcadia Public Library to the public and non-essential personnel beginning Friday, March 13. At this time, the closures will remain in effect until April 30. This follows the city’s decision on March 9 to suspend city-sponsored events with an expected attendance of over 100 persons and a high attendance of senior citizens.
As a result of the facility closures, the following programs and events at the community center and library have been suspended:
- All recreation classes, including youth, teen, adult, and senior programs, classes, and activities.
- All programmed sports usage including youth and adult basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, etc.
- All programs and events at the Arcadia Public Library.
- All programs and events at the Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage.
- All facility rentals at the Community Center and Museum Education Center.
- Dana Gym, Wilderness Park, and Field Allocations are closed.
Registrants for classes and programs will be reimbursed for any fee based activity suspended or cancelled.
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding city events and services, visit ArcadiaCA.gov or contact us at (626) 574-5401. The city website also now includes a page dedicated to COVID-19.