The Arcadia City Council elections for District 1 and District 4 are still in progress. The all mail-in ballot election will continue without interruption through Election Day on Tuesday, April 14, 2020. Here is what voters need to know:
- Ballots were mailed on March 16, 2020. If you did not receive a ballot, please contact the Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorders Office at (800) 815-2666, Option 2. The last day to register to vote is March 30, 2020.
- Beginning on Friday, April 10, 2020, the Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder will have a mobile voter information unit stationed at the Arcadia City Hall parking lot, located at 240 W. Huntington Drive, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for voters to receive a new ballot if they did not receive one by mail.
- You can mail your completed ballot or drop off your ballot at Arcadia City Hall by using the ballot drop box located near the Arcadia Transit stop in the City Hall parking lot. The ballot drop box is open 24 hours a day through Election Day. On Election Day, the drop box will be closed by 8 p.m.
- The Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder’s Office is closed to visitors. If you have not received a ballot, contact the registrar’s office as soon as possible so a new ballot can be mailed to you. You may also visit the mobile voter information unit at Arcadia City Hall beginning April 10, 2020, for a new ballot.
For more information regarding the city’s election, visit ArcadiCA.gov or contact the City Clerk’s Office at (626) 574-5455.
Per the latest information from local, state, and federal public health officials, the risk of contracting the virus remains low. There are steps individuals can take to help minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice social distancing; maintain at least 6 feet from others.
- Avoid groups larger than 10 persons.
Anyone who was recently in an area that is currently experiencing a high infection rate of COVID-19 and feels sick with a fever, cough, or has difficulty breathing within 14 days after leaving should:
- Seek medical care right away. Before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room, patients should call ahead and tell them about their recent travel and symptoms.
- Self-quarantine and avoid contact with others.
- Not travel while sick.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not their hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding city events and services, visit ArcadiaCA.gov or call (626) 574-5401.